- Development of budget costs
- Defining the scope of works
- Surveying the electrical assets
- Thermographic imaging
- Maintenance reviews
- Technical report-writing.
- Value – £28,000
We were asked to survey and perform maintenance reviews of the HV/LV distribution systems at three of our client’s manufacturing facilities in Nigeria. We provided comprehensive reports detailing our findings and our recommendations for upgrading and improving their ageing electrical distribution equipment and associated maintenance regimes. Our client was then able to develop a scope of works for achieving robust, efficient and safe electrical distribution systems, along with compliant maintenance plans and procedures.
The project comprised:
- Surveying the HV/LV electrical distribution equipment and principal of operations, including switchgear, transformers, earthing systems and generators
- Performing thermographic surveys and producing reports to ISO 18436 standards
- Reviewing the switchrooms and substations to assess their suitability in accordance with BS7671
- Developing a scope and budget costs for upgrading to support our client’s capex and opex
- Producing clear and concise survey reports with tailored recommendations.
- We highlighted key areas for improvement and upgrades
- Instead of simply replacing like for like, we identified cost-effective alternatives for obsolete equipment
- Our client was able to prioritise their capital expenditure
- Safe and robust upgrades enabled them to maintain production, reduce risk to employees, and minimise downtime.
The survey and in-depth report… provided us with innovative technical solutions and we were impressed by their wealth of knowledge and professional approach.”Clients chief engineer