Electrical & instrumentation
BGEN International has a well-referenced reputation for successfully delivering major (and minor) electrical and instrumentation projects – across the World, but predominantly in Africa – which have consistently outperformed customer expectations.
We are one of the longest-established private electrical and instrumentation companies in the UK. Our strong track record is primarily in heavily regulated industries such as chemicals and petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals and oil & gas, where stringent adherence to operational and documentation requirements is required.
End-to-end design and build
Our in-house electrical and instrumentation design and engineering team offers truly seamless solutions, from concept through to commissioning. Our electrical and instrumentation services are complemented by our in-house switchgear and intelligent motor control centres (MCCs) design capabilities, backed up by a comprehensive and bespoke control panel manufacturing capability.
Our electrical, instrumentation and control services include:
- Electrical engineering and design
- Electrical services
- Instrumentation services
- Switchgear and motor control centres.
BGEN offers the complete electrical package, from conceptualisation and design through to installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance. Alternatively, we can provide a single standalone service.
We combine innovation with attention to detail while remaining flexible and adaptable throughout any electrical project. Our best-in-class electrical designers, engineers and electricians have a wealth of experience across a wide range of industries and the following services:
- HV Installations and maintenance (3.3kV, 11kV up to 33kV)
- Power generation
- LV power distribution
- Earthing and lightning protection
- Lighting and small power
- Fire safety systems
- PV systems
- Loop/functional testing
- Pre-calibration/calibration of Instrumentation
- Small-bore pipework
- Profibus/fieldbus control systems
- Hazardous area installations and inspections.
Building and control systems
Our highly qualified electrical engineering and design team is experienced across all aspects of electrical, control and instrumentation design. The core team of in-house designers can deliver a full suite of cost-effective, innovative and safe design solutions to ISO 9001:2015 standard.
The design team will happily work on single-discipline projects or as part of a multi-disciplinary team on complex process plants. Services include:
- Site survey
- Plant load studies
- Low-voltage distribution
- Plant services including lighting, earthing, lightning protection and electric surface heating
- Switchroom layouts, including motor control centres
- Cable routing layouts
- Cable schedules
- Termination drawings
- Arc flash
- Control data sheets
- Process parameter measurement
- Control and data acquisition
- Safety shutdown systems
- Control and interface room layouts
- Installation schedules, including material take off
- Installation drawings, including loop and schematic diagrams
- Equipment specification, including technical appraisal and recommendations
- Functional tests, including test method instruction sheets
- Technical support
- As-built document records
- Software engineering.
Contact us find out more or to discuss your project requirements