- Project management
- Mechanical fabrication and installation
- Electrical installation
- Testing, commissioning and training of the local workforce
- Manuals and documentation.
- Value – £93,000
We were asked to introduce gas as a boiler fuel at the plant. This involved the installation of gas, main and two gas burners to existing boilers, including all mechanical and electrical works.
Core components were purchased from Germany and shipped to Cameroon for installation. We then carried out on-site fabrication of the remaining parts, and installed both the mechanical and electrical components.
All works were carried out by ex-pat employees who were based locally and travelled to the site each day.
Scope of works
- Demolish existing burners in boilers 1 and 2
- Install new refractory liners in existing boilers
- Install new burners, control panels and all associated equipment
- Fit new 200mm gas line
- Install a gas let-down station.
The project was successfully completed in just five weeks.